Core Ab workout
Core ab workout
Working more on the stabilizing muscles in this one. More for the beginner/intermediate level people.
To be done 3 times/week. Please do not do any of these core ab workout exercises if it causes you pain.) Muscle discomfort is acceptable.
1. Bent arm plank with knees on the floor (knees can be up). 30-60 seconds. Spine should be straight (hips up and abs in).
2. Side arm (bent) plank with the bottom knee on the floor (knee can be off). Lift arm up towards the sky and you may lift top leg up for more glute work.
3. Stability ball curl up. Have lower back supported by stability ball. Extend both arms to the ceiling and do small crunches. 20-50 reps.
4. Banana. While on your back lift your legs straight and raised about 6 inches off the ground. Extend your arms over your head with your upper back off the ground. Hold for 30-60 seconds.
5. Bicycle. Lie on back with your lower and middle back on the floor. Bring opposite elbow to opposite knee as if you are pedaling and then switch sides. 30-60 times. Both sides equal a count of one.
6. Mason twist (6 lb medicine ball). Sit down with feet on the ground (feet can be up). Gently twist side to side with the medicine ball. 30-60 twists. Left and then right count as one time.
7. Hug and twist. Sit down with your knees bent. Hug your arms around your side. Twist and try to bring elbow close to the floor. Hold for 5 seconds. Switch sides and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
8. Side bend with weight. Stand up tall with a weight in your left hand. Bend gently sideways and come up again. Do this 20-30 times. Now do the Right side with the weight in your right hand. Try 5 pounds.
Have fun doing this core ab workout.