I look at working out as a blessing and not a chore. I know people find this unbelievable. ” I dread it, I am to tired, my body hurts, I have no time” etc. etc. I know you have heard or have thought these things yourself. Today is the day you can start your voyage. It is best to workout in the morning for you busy people. I basically roll out of bed and get going. Everyone who wants to do it can do it. That is the fantastic thing. We all have the power to do it. The human body is amazing and if you start working out and focus on improvement you will be fine.
I started doing P90x eight years ago. I moved on to P90X plus and than Insanity. Last summer I did the Asylum program, and then I combined these programs. This winter I did P90X2 and when I finished, I decided to do the hybrid program of P90X2 and Asylum. I have got 4 more weeks and I will be done. The fantastic part of these programs is that it is so focused on functional strength and performance workouts. I am heading towards the half century mark. However, I found that my performance has improved over last year. I was amazed since I was getting older and past my prime. These programs really work.
Best of luck in what you are doing.
As promised Week 3 Speed and Agility workout.
- 10 minute warm-up (dynamic)
- Do 20-25 sets of the drills
- Take 3 or 4 minute water breaks (rest).
- 1 to 3 work to rest ratio
- Because you are working on speed, agility and quickness you do not work in a fatigued state. Always go as fast as you can with control.
- Maximum number in a 5-10 seconds period of the skill.
5 sets each skill. Each number is 1 week. Do 2xs/week
- Skip for height. Sprawl to stand- pop up, Star drill- sprint carioca back pedal. (position 4 cones in a square 10 yards apart with another cone in the center. Number 1 right bottom corner, number 2 upper right corner, cone 3 left top cone, cone 4 bottom left and cone 5 is in the center. Start in ready position at cone 1, Sprint diagonally to cone 5, carioca from 5 to cone 1,back pedal from cone 1 to 4, Sprint diagonally from cone 4 to 5. Carioca diagonally from 5 to 4. Back pedal from cone 4 to 3. Sprint diagonally from 3 to 5. Carioca diagonally from 5 to 3. Back pedal from 3 to 2. Sprint diagonally from 2 to 5. Carioca diagonally from 5 to 2. Back pedal from 2 to 1. ) Pike jumps , Medicine ball bull in a ring. (You and partner face each other and chest pass while moving in a circle.